At Denver Counseling Options, we understand that being healthy means taking care of your mind and body. Wondering how massage or energetic bodywork might help do just that? This month, we sat down with Ginny Anthony with The Mindful Body Integrative Therapeutic Massage and Energetic Bodywork to learn how her work can help alleviate stress, chronic pain, structural imbalances, degenerative conditions, and more.
We all know getting a massage is relaxing, but are there other physical and emotional benefits?
Experts estimate upwards of 90% of disease is stress related. While eliminating anxiety and pressure altogether in this fast-paced world may be idealistic, massage can help manage stress, which translates into decreased anxiety, enhanced sleep quality, greater energy, improved concentration, increased circulation, and reduced fatigue. Clients often report a sense of perspective and clarity after receiving a massage.
What types of massage and energetic bodywork do you provide and how do I distinguish between them?
My work is extremely eclectic and dependent upon the needs of each individual. Massage involves direct contact with and manipulation of body tissue while energetic work involves an approach that is 90% hands-off, manipulating and healing the electromagnetic body.
I work within four specific Massage Modalities:
- Applied Kinesiology – evaluates and treats an individual’s structural, chemical, and mental aspects
- Deep Tissue – helps with chronic muscular pain and injury rehabilitation and reduces inflammation related pain caused by arthritis and tendonitis
- Myofascial Release – relieves cervical pain, back pain, fibromyalgia, scoliosis, neurological dysfunction, restriction of motion, chronic pain, and headaches
- Neuromuscular – locates and releases spasms and hypercontraction in the tissue, eliminates trigger points that cause referred pain, rebuilds the strength of injured tissues, assists with venous and lymphatic flow, and restores postural alignment, proper biomechanics, and flexibility to the tissues
And, I work within four specific Energetic Modalities:
- Aromatherapy – uses essential oils extracted from herbs, flowers, resin, woods, and roots in body and skincare treatments
- Bach Flower Remedies – integrates a system of 38 flower essences used with herbs, homeopathy, and medications to correct emotional imbalances by working on the subtle rather than the physical body
- Barbara Brennan Healing Science – focuses on clearing blocked energy and balancing the body’s energy field through hands-on work and deep healing techniques
- Esoteric Healing – heals through the energy field, which flows through and around us and chakras, or centers of energy, which vitalize their related endocrine glands
Tell us about you. How do you take care of yourself and own a business?
I maintain focus on 4 primary areas: nutrition, sleep, exercise, and a spiritual practice.
How would someone learn more about your work and the benefits of massage and energetic bodywork?
The best way to contact me is to call 970.497.0696, and I am happy to answer any questions about my work. I have practiced for 20 years strictly on a word-of-mouth basis.
On a more personal note, what do you think the secret to a good life is?
I think a life well-lived is all about balance – inner peace achieved through mental and physical balance as well as emotional and spiritual balance.